Monday 10 October 2011

Shirley & James run Edinburgh 10k for Marie Curie Cancer Care


PICT0631


Shirley Kelting and James McMahon.


PICT0638

On Sunday 2/10/11 myself and James drove to Edinburgh in the pouring rain to run the Edinburgh 10k in aid of Marie Curie Nurses
Our day started at 7.30.am by the time we reached the start line we were like "droont rats" but our spirits were high and the atmosphere in the city was lively.By the time the race started the rain had stopped,it was a very scenic run through the streets although there was more hills than I expected. I managed to complete the race in 64 mins which I was pleased with as I'm no athlete! Afterwards we celebrated with a Chinese meal then drove home for a hot bath and a relaxing night on the couch.
(If anyone wishes to make a donation to Marie Curie Cancer Care they can contact Shirley direct or via kirkmahoe@googlemail.com)


PICT0634

PICT0636

No comments:

Post a Comment